Thursday, May 18, 2006

At the speed of light

That's how fast I feel my life is going right now. I traveled all last week in the hope that I would get a break until the end of June. Only to find out, I'll probably be traveling again shortly after we move. Ah well...it works that way sometimes. If JT doesn't have a job by then, I think I'll cash in some frequent flyer miles and bring him with me. Althought, that means the dogs will need to be boarded. Yes folks, this is an example of when dogs are more "difficult" than children. You see, you can take a child pretty much anywhere with you - plane, hotel, shopping. Not that it's easy to take them with you but at least you don't have to leave them with a stranger/friend and pay out a ton of money. Guess it's just preparation for day care expenses :)

Let's see...not too much new here. The packing is going very well - almost done. I think we'll have it wrapped up by Saturday and hopefully we can start loading it up then as well. JT found us a rental this week and we're just waiting for the application to be approved. JT also found out that the doctor wants to see him on Monday (this is the first time he's gone to a Dr. in a long time) b/c his cholestorol and blood sugar are high. Guess this means we'll both be making some positive lifestyle changes. It's a good thing he's the one who grocery shops, he has much more discipline than I do.

In other news...I had the scariest moment (for me) on my landing into the Denver airport. We landed in the middle of windshear. And I prayed. I pray everytime I travel but this time, I prayed for a straight 20 mintues. I don't think I've ever made a landing that fast. I knew we would be okay but I asked for peace and calmness to help with my panic attack. And tell me this, why do people bring out their airplane horror stories just when things start to get "ify"??? Is it really necessary to make it worse? I guess it's just their coping mechanism but I swear, it took everything I had not to turn around and yell at them to "shut up". I'm going with the idea that "alls well that ends well" but I was physically ill until I landed in Reno after that. But, the important part is that I did it. I got back on a plane (3 to be exact) and faced the fear.

It's getting late here and I'm tired. I think it's time for a hot bath, a little bit of my book, then off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home