Sunday, October 15, 2006

Safe and Sound

I've arrived in Anchorage safely, maybe not so soundly though :) It was a LONG day of travel, followed by an very short sleep. For some reason, I woke up after 4 hours of sleep and haven't been able to go back to sleep. Ah well...I watched the sunrise, which is at about 8:00am up here. Think I'm going to call Sharon and take the short drive to Alyeska (hope I spelled that right). It's about 45 minutes from here but the drive is along the coast and there are quite a few parks around. I really want to see a moose and I think Sharon really wants to see a glacier. Maybe we can kill two birds with one stone.

Also hoping to hit the grocery store (water, fruit, healthy stuff) and the downtown Anchorage area. There's a book store there that carries this great Alaskan author. I could really use a massage but since I have a pedicure the day after I get back, I think I'll pass. But, a nice hot shower is definately in my future.

I ran in to another subsidiary staff member while getting my rental car and she asked if she could get a ride b/c she didn't want to get a car then proceed to get lost. It was kind of nice to have the company in a strange place. We grabbed McDonald's then headed back to the hotel. So, today is mine then meetings for the next 3 days.

I did have a bit of frustration with my travel. Besides the fact is was bumpy pretty much the entire way from Houston to Seattle...yep, Seattle. You see, my itinerary said noting about Seattle, just Houston to Anchorage. But, we did stop in Seattle. I guess there is a difference between a "direct" flight and a non-stop flight. Not good to throw that at a person with anxiety. JT was able to get me the information about flight times and layovers though so that helped a lot. At least I didn't have to change planes.

Ok, I think it's time for that shower :) I'll try to write more tomorrow and take a bunch of pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home