Saturday, September 09, 2006

5 years

I can't believe it's been five years since September 11, 2001. And for some reason, I'm way more emotional this year than in years past. Maybe its all the additional press. Right now I'm watching Tom Brokaw and the air traffic controllers discuss what happened during that day. It's amazing what these folks went through on that day. They are heros too. They managed to get all those planes out of the air safely...no simple task.

They aren't showing the complete footage of the impact with the towers. They cut it just before impact and then show the burning building. I know this brings back bad memories for many, but I don't ever want to forget so I want to see it. I still wonder how many planes had hijackers on board that backed out or gave up, never to be caught.

I'm sure I'll have more to say on Monday. For now, I'm going back to this news program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home