Friday, September 01, 2006

Change is a good thing

right?

I am so tired today. I haven't slept well all week and neither has JT although we're not sure why. Anyway, my change (no, I'm not pregnant :)

I met with a new psychiatrist now that we've moved and I learned that the anxiety/panic medication that they have me on. Turns out that the med I've been on for the past 8 years now has better, safer alternatives. So, I'm open to change and we begin our discussion about options. We're TTC so it's very important that I know as much about my meds as possible and risks to a fetus. The doc said that the ideal situation is not to be on any meds. Well, that's kind of obvious. So, I relay the reason I'm still on meds. My OB, psych, and myself (in Virginia) decided that it could actually be better for me to be on the lowest dose rather than completely off. But, with this new information, my new doc prescribed a different med. Then, it occurred to me...now would be the perfect time to try to go off meds all together. So, that's what we decided. I have filled the script just in case, but I'm going to try no meds - one day at a time - and see how it goes. Worst case...I take the new meds.

So, JT is on the watch for any major changes...just in case I don't recognize it. I'm pretty aware of my anxiety cycle and I know how to recognize it and when to ask for help. The doc also said that I may even lose some weight w/o meds or even on the new med. That would just be icing on the cake :)

I'm actually thinking about going back to Weight Watchers and trying the "Core" plan. I think it might help me be less addicted to sugar and lose weight. I'd also like to find some exercise. I'm not sure if that'll be a gym or a dance class. Who knows? but I'm getting to the point where I just can't take it anymore.

Ok, Basil is a whiny baby tonight - well, really every night - so I'm going to let him out one more time tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home