Sunday, July 30, 2006

Shelter Dogs

Interesting documentary about a shelter that practices euthanization in a human way. Of course, adoption is their goal and they don't always have a "set" timeframe for adopting out before euthanizing.

It was interesting to see her take on "no kill" shelters and how, for many dogs, it's worse than euthanisia because they often sit in their kennels for years. Also about how the country has gone "no kill" and abandon animal control. The basic sentiment is that the idea of "no kill" is excellent but we just haven't gotten to the point where we can give them a good quality of life. It was just a point of view that I hadn't considered. I think it's changed the way I think.

In other news...I went to the beach this morining. Something about the water is so rejuvinating and relaxing. Maybe it's because I grew up on Lake Mead but I have always had a peacefulness whenever I'm around water. How lucky am I, that every morning I cross the Julington Creek bridge and glance out to the Saint Johns river...beautiful. It's a great way to start off my work day :)

Ok, off to pick up the house, do some laundry and go the grocery store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home