Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Update



Time to update and show some new pictures :) Big news is that I recently passed my Senior Professional in Human Resources exam...like a CPA for the HR profession. So, that's pretty cool. And possible the last "test" I'll ever take. I did it in record time, 1.5 hours. They allow 4 hours so that was really quick but I've always been that way. Always the first or second one done, usually meant a good grade. Right after the exam, I attended an industry conference...great learning and great fun. Spent a week in D.C. and did the tourist thing on Saturday. My favorite spot was the National Gallery of Art. So much to see and do. Got to peek at Cassat, Renoir, and even a Da Vinci - pretty cool. I also stopped at the American History museum. Mostly wanted to cool off but I ended up walking upon the Flag that was flown at the Pentagon on 9/11. I really didn't expect the reaction I got...tears. I just started softly crying. I never forget that day but sometimes, the sadness just takes me by surprise. It's a good reality check.

Work has been busy...no real change there :) I have made a new friend and she has a boxer too. We met this Saturday with Basil and Peanut, hoping they would get used to each other. They did, they ran around together and only had one small "issue" that was quickly nipped in the bud. Now, we just need to add Jenny to the mix. Hmmmm...we'll wait a while for that one. Ruth and her husband also came over for dinner on Saturday night. I had so much fun just hanging out and the boys really seemed to hit it off. Sure is nice to have friends nearby.

Those pictures are from Saturday as well. It was a beautiful day out, perfect time to practice my photography. I'm really working on getting the "catchlight" in their eyes. I'm pleased with how they turned out. JT's parents are coming for a visit this weekend - I'm excited to see them, it's been a while. Not sure what we'll do or eat, but we'll figure it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home