Saturday, March 25, 2006

Another Saturday

Here we are, at Saturday again and nothing new or interesting to report. I did finish a scrapbooking project I've been working on. It's a gift for my dad and step-mom's anniversary coming up soon. Spent over an hour at the dog park today...yea, I pretty much live there...I've been almost every day after work as well. Anyway, struggling a bit with Jenny. You see, she's a border collie mix with strong border collie instincts. The herding instinct is our particular problem. She loves to chase other dogs but she is really fast and when she catches them, she grabs their tail (or butt if they don't have a tail) and makes this really vicious-sounding noise. I know that she means no harm, she just wants to stop them from leaving the herd but other dog owners don't know that and I don't blame them. Today though, she was a dream, she didn't grab anybody's tail :) I'd like to think the little "talk" we had in the car had some sort of affect. There really isn't too much I can do about it but try to watch her and praise her when she does the "good" things...I can't break instinct without breaking the spirit. Both Basil and Jenny are wiped out...love that!

On the home front, the seller has been calling us and JT is avoiding it. I just have to convince him to face the thing head-on. I mean, if he's going to put a sign out front b/c we don't have financing yet, then so be it. I'm just waiting to clean one thing up on Monday and hopefully, that will make a world of difference. JT is just so, ah, I don't really know the right word...anxious, dissapointed, frustrated...he just wants a home, something we own and can paint, somewhere to raise our babies (no, not yet). I can't blame him, I feel the same way but am being the "practical" one b/c whatever will be, will be. We'll do what we can but if it doesn't work out, we'll figure something else out.

Well, that about wraps it up. We're waiting for pizza and I have one scrapbook page I want to finish tonight :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home