Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Whoever said...(may be TMI)

that dogs don't really prepare you for babies...has never had one! Ok, a little back story here...I keep a tub of doggy joint vitamins on the table in the entryway. Basil had surgery on both knees so I am vigilant about giving them to him. Since we got Jenny, I give her one a day also b/c it really can only help. These vitamins have been sitting on that table for weeks but today, Jenny's curiosity must've got the better of her b/c when we came home, she had eaten about half of what was left. They really aren't going to cause an emergency but there was diarreha in many parts of the first and second floor - yuck! This isn't the first time we've had this issue...dogs get sick so we deal with it, clean it up, and keep and eye on them. She's also very thirsty and peeing like crazy. We may be up with this one during the night. So...let's compare,

Sick babies poop, sick dogs poop...difference is, babies usually wear diapers.

Ok, I know it's really not that simple. I mean, I can leave my dogs alone all day and I won't have them taken away. On the other hand, kids can go with you everywhere, my dogs can't...they can't go on the plane, in the store or restaurant. Anyway, I think you get my point. There are some valuable lessons about "parenting" to be learned by owning a dog (or two).

Sorry if I grossed you out :) In other news, getting ready to take another work trip next Monday. I'm going to bring the book "Preparing for your Pregnancy" on the plane. It's all about what to do and know before you get pregnant...I really need to read this. I realized this when I saw an email about mercury in fish. Now, I knew that mercury was in fish but I didn't really pay it any mind until I read about possible damage to an unborn child. Turns out shellfish is generally very low in mercury so I would have been okay (I only eat shellfish, no regular fish). How did our moms do this without all the information we have now???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home