Sunday, December 03, 2006

Grandmas

I'm missing my Grandmas today and smiling about having great memories from them. I was unwrapping ornaments last night and found the collection of dated Hallmark ornaments from Grandma Bloedorn. She knew how much I loved dogs so many of those ornaments are puppies. There's even a big, heavy silver TV that has a picture of Basil in it. Can't wait to hang those on the tree today :)

Then, I was visiting my favorite website www.twopeasinabucket.com. Someone received a present from a relative who had passed on and wanted to know if anyone had been through the same thing. This is what I posted:

Yes, my grandmother (mom's side) had a battle with cancer and knew that she wouldn't be able to purchase gifts. She probably also knew she wouldn't make it until Christmas. She had my mom go to a store where she had seen the perfect music box for me (I collect them). I received that music box for Christmas, less than one month after she died. It is one of my most special presents, I treasure it and the fact that, even though she was so ill, she still took the time to think about me and make sure I was left with a good memory.

That music box hasn't been unpacked because it needs a bit of repair. Maybe when my mom is here we can find a place to fix it. Other than that, I've almost finished decorating...just the tree to go. Of course, JT had to restring the lights because I put them on upside-down. Ah well :) Then I need to finish the gifts I'm making for the family. I should start baking soon too but we'll see how that goes. So much to do...I think it's time to put on some Christmas music and get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home