Sunday, February 12, 2006

Great Weekend!

So, about three months ago, I learned that Ali Edwards (scrapbooking celeb) was going to be teaching classes at a crop nearby. I jumped at the chance to take her classes b/c she just seems so cool. I had no problem convincing JT that this was a fabulous idea.

It was a fabulous idea. I took three amazing classes from Ali this weekend. I even completed two of the three books while I was in class. Ali truly is a nice, genuine woman. The classrooms were packed and everyone was excited! I didn't do the crop part b/c after the classes (each one was 3 hours long), I just didn't have it in me. That's okay though...now I know what to plan for next time. I met up with a woman I know from Two Peas, Stephanie. She is such a nice woman. I really enjoyed talking and taking the class with her. Hopefully the whole VA group of us will be able to get together soon.

...now here is the really fun part. We got over 12 inches of snow last night. Oh, it was just beautiful! I am in awe of what God can do. I took Basil and Jenny out at about 7:30am and they had a blast playing in the snow. They ran, jumped, and played. They were both covered with snow...especially Jenny, who actually fell in above her head in one place. I just love to watch them when they are experiencing pure joy and happiness. Of course, the scenery was beautiful. It was so early that everything was undisturbed. I just hope a few of my pictures turned out well. I ended up rushing to my class this morning but I realized something...I would never regret being late for class, but I would regret not taking the time to enjoy God's work and my dogs play. When I took them back at 4pm, the trees had lost much of their snow, and the ground had been trampled...I was right, I didn't regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home